• Schools are a stand-alone reservation. School numbers may not be used with any other ticket order. Any additional orders must be paid at least 15 days prior to the visit date to receive group rates as stated on the main website; all prices subject to change without notice.
• NC Public & Private School Reservations are to be made online, by a teacher, for the traditional school year, September 2, 2014 - June 5, 2015 this year. No weekends, holidays or specific dates chosen by the NC Zoo.
• For the safety and enjoyment of all; there is a strict limit on the number of field-trip participants we host at the Zoo per day. Remember to make your reservations early. All schools must make reservations a minimum of 15 days in advance.
• This reservation is for teachers and the students in their class, not siblings, other children, clubs, after school programs, extracurricular activities or summer camps.
• Home Schools must call to complete a reservation and comply to the same policies as any other NC School
• NC Public & Private Schools K-12: Use the email address given to you by the state. Know your NC LEA-School ID or Zoo assigned ID number before beginning registration. For help getting this number call Ticket Orders at 336-879-7700 or 1-800-488-0444 x7700
• Out-Of-State Schools - payment must be made at the time of ticket order. Those not on the ticket order must pay regular rates at the gate ($12 for adults, $8 for Children).
• School Staff includes: Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Bus Drivers, and Principals - anyone associated with the school that is not a parent. If you have more school staff than allowed free, they may be counted as one of the chaperones. Additional adults/seniors/children are not part of the school and will be charged the regular admission rates as posted at the gate.
• The Africa Entrance and Parking are closed November - March. All exhibits are open and accessible thru the North American Entrance.
School Bag Lunch
For your convenience, the Zoo offers kids meals at $6, includes tax, each that can be picked up at select locations within the Zoo. Meals must be ordered at least 2 weeks prior to your visit.
These meals may be purchased by calling Sodexo at 336-879-7357.
SCHOOL DISCOUNTED FUN TICKETS (to the Carousel, 4-D Theatre and New Epic Bugs!) for the students.
Discounted fun tickets must be ordered and paid for at least 2 weeks prior to your visit. Fun tickets are not available November - March.
Call Ticket Orders at 336-879-7700 or 1-800-488-0444 x7700 to purchase your discounted fun tickets.
NC Schools OnlyAdmission is free for NC students. At a ratio of one per ten students we will admit one school staff and one chaperone for free. These numbers will be automatically calculated when you enter the number of students expected to come. All additional adults and children that are not on the school roster for the visiting classes will be charged the regular admission rate as posted at the gate. The registration form will require you to choose the grade level for the classes. You will be required to enter your School ID number or Zoo Assigned ID number for private schools.
This activity is free
NC Home Schools OnlyAll Home schools must follow the parameters stated above. If your NC Home School is registered with the State admission is free for students K-12 and one educator. Additional adults and children pay the regular admission rate as posted at the gate. To register call 336-879-7700 or 1-800-488-0444 x7700.
NC University/College Only
University/Colleges must register 15 days prior to the visit date. Students with a College ID and one Faculty are admitted free as a class upon registration. Additional adults and/or children will be charged the regular admission rate as posted at the gate. Faculty will need to call 336-879-7700 to register your class.
College students who visit and are not part of a pre-registered class will not receive this special rate.
Out-of-State Schools OnlyOut-of-state students and any staff or chaperones paid for on the school reservation receive a discounted admission ($6/student, $8/staff or chaperone). Additional adults and children that were not paid for on the school registration or any children not part of the class will be charged the regular admission rate as posted at the gate. The registration form will require you to choose the grade level for the classes.Prices range from $6.00 to $8.00
Out-of-State Home Schools Only
Out-of-state home school students and one chaperone receive a discounted admission ($6/student, $8 for 1 staff). Additional adults and children will be charged the regular admission rate as posted at the gate.
To register call 336-879-7700 or 1-800-488-0444 x7700.
Out-of-State University/College Only
Out-of-state students with a college ID who are registered as a class and school staff ($6/student, $8/staff) receive discounted admission. Additional adults and/or children not on the class roster will be charged the regular admission rate as posted at the gate. Faculty must call 336-879-7700 to register your class.
College students who visit and are not part of a pre-registered class will not be given this special rate.